All men are made of water, do you know this? When you pierce them, the water leaks out and they die.
- A Game of Thrones, George R.R. Martin

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Horror QQ #14 - A skull and a shoe and a pot full of goo


Music: For You to Notice by Dashboard Confessional

There's nothing much to say about this next book. It's supposed to be a petrifying parody of Goodnight Moon, except that I actually find the monsters cute, so they didn't scare me at all. Of course, I can't speak for all the three- to five-year-old kids who will read this. I'm jaded and cute little monsters do not scare me anymore, but I hope these little kids still have most of their innocence intact so that they can enjoy a good scare.
In the cold gray tomb
There was a gravestone
And a black lagoon
And a picture of--

Martians taking over the moon
And there were three little mummies rubbing their tummies
And two hairy claws
And a set of jaws
And a loud screechy bat
And a black hat
And a skull and a shoe and a pot full of goo
And a hairy old werewolf who was hollering "Boo"

(no, you have to get a copy of the book to see the other half)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead :D I don't bite . . . well, not always.