All men are made of water, do you know this? When you pierce them, the water leaks out and they die.
- A Game of Thrones, George R.R. Martin

Friday, February 4, 2011

Horror QQ #4 - We're all crazy in our sleep

Music: Who Are You by The Who

Dexter Morgan is quite a character. Or, to be more correct, he has no character. He's a mean, lean killing machine. But the good people in Miami shouldn't worry. He's only after the bad guys, mostly pedophiles. Because although he's supposed to be void of emotions, children hold a special spot in his heart.

Anyway.

I did a sort of review for Jeff Lindsay's first Dexter book Darkly Dreaming Dexter a few years back, so I guess reposting it here should be easy. I told myself I'd review the second book Dearly Devoted Dexter, but my brain cells have been uncooperative so I'll do that some other time. I'm currently in the middle of reading the third book, Dexter in the Dark, so a review for that one is also in order.

In the meantime, I'm quoting my favorite passage from the first book, in time for our daily horror QQ. So, here you go!

“Weren’t we all crazy in our sleep? What was sleep, after all, but the process by which we dumped our insanity into a dark subconscious pit and came out on the other side ready to eat cereal instead of the neighbor’s children?”
*****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead :D I don't bite . . . well, not always.