All men are made of water, do you know this? When you pierce them, the water leaks out and they die.
- A Game of Thrones, George R.R. Martin

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Horror QQ #5 - A psycho behind the wheel

Music: The Re-arranger by Mates of State

I bought my own copy of The Bone Collector for Php35.00 about three years ago. I visited one of my favorite bookstores in Ortigas, and the manager told me that they're holding a sale for old paperbacks. Because we've known each other from the events I've coordinated for them in the past, she let me enter their staff room so I can get first dibs on the discounted titles. Jeffrey Deaver's book is one of the books I bought.

I'm not really a fan of Angelina Jolie, but I love Denzel Washington. Ergo, I have mixed feelings about The Bone Collector movie. Of course, there are elements in the book that were changed in the film, but most novel-to-film adaptations are like that anyway. In any case, I enjoyed the book better, mostly because instead of the Queen Latifa caretaker, I got Thom.

Anyway (again), here's the fifth QQ for this month, although you have to read the book (or at least a chapter-by-chapter summary) to understand what they're talking about.
"Everybody's nightmare," Cooper said, "you get into a cab and turns out there's a psycho behind the wheel. And the whole world's watching the Big Apple 'causa that conference. Wondered if they might not bring you out of retirement for this one."
"How's your mother?" Rhyme asked.
"Still complaining about every ache and pain. Still healthier than me."
- The Bone Collector, Jeffrey Deaver (p.68)

*****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead :D I don't bite . . . well, not always.