All men are made of water, do you know this? When you pierce them, the water leaks out and they die.
- A Game of Thrones, George R.R. Martin

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Horror QQ #16 - Cant' think of name

Music: City sounds at night

I'm so sleepy right now that I will postpone my rant about Ryan Murphy ruining Chord Overstreet for me because of that stupid Justin Bieber song. Or how he also ruined "Take Me or Leave Me," one of my favorite songs from RENT. Hopefully, a good night's sleep will stop me from sending him black, ticking boxes that explode upon contact. And I'm not even a Gleek.

And now, before I fall face-first on my spunky keyboard, I bring to you a passage from A Scanner Darkly.

A black-and-white evidently had noticed something in Charles Freck's driving that he hadn't noticed; it had taken off from its parking spot and was moving along behind him in traffic, so far without lights or siren, but . . .
Maybe I'm weaving or something, he thought. Fucking goddamn fuzzmobile saw me fucking up. I wonder what.
COP: "All right, what's your name?"
"My name?"(CAN'T THINK OF NAME.)
"You don't know your own name?" Cop signals to other cop in prowl car. "This guy is really spaced."
"Don't shoot me here." Charles Freck in his horror-fantasy number induced by the sight of the black-and-white pacing him. "At least take me to the station house and shoot me there, out of sight."
To survive in this fascist police state, he thought, you gotta always be able able to come up with a name, your name. At all times. That's the first they look for that you're wired, not being able to figure out who the hell you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead :D I don't bite . . . well, not always.