All men are made of water, do you know this? When you pierce them, the water leaks out and they die.
- A Game of Thrones, George R.R. Martin

Monday, September 20, 2010

post-book fair fever



Music: Sick Cycle Carousel by Lifehouse

I'm officially broke until the end of September . . . and maybe a week or two after that. But I don't care, because I am now the proud owner of not one, not two, but five fiction, one non-fiction, and ten children's books, all bought during the Manila International Book Fair held at the SMEX Convention Center in MOA.

I think I deserve some bragging rights for having the guts to go without allowance for two weeks (or more) in exchange for these wonderful titles:

Fiction:
1. Son of a Witch (Gregory Maguire)
2. Perfume (Patrick Suskind)
3. I Am the Messenger (Markus Zusak) - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
4. The Last Jihad (Joel Rosenberg)
5. The Last Days (Joel Rosenberg)

Non-fiction:
1. Epicenter: Why the Current Rumblings in the Middle East Will Change Your Future (Joel Rosenberg)

Children's Books:
1-5. Batang Historyador series (I already have the complete set way back in college, but Augie Rivera was at the Adarna booth that day and I just couldn't resist . . . I had to have him sign a new set for me.)
6. Just Add Dirt (Becky Bravo / Jason Moss)
7. Tiger on the Wall (Annette Flores Garcia / Joanne de Leon)
8. Naku, Nakuu, Nakuuu! (Nanoy Rafael / Serge Bumatay)
9. Xilef (Augie Rivera / Beth Parrocha-Doctolero)
10. The Book That Eats People (John Perry / Mark Fearing) - LOVE THIS!

Now I don't want to sound like a total nerd or geek or whatever, but I'm considering taking an "Internet break" so I can focus more on my to-read list, which, quite frankly, had gotten longer and longer over the years. So if you don't hear anything from me via the world wide web in the next, say, three months, do not fear. I am not dead (well, hopefully not). I am simply too busy reading something to go online.

Uh. Right.

Good luck on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead :D I don't bite . . . well, not always.