All men are made of water, do you know this? When you pierce them, the water leaks out and they die.
- A Game of Thrones, George R.R. Martin

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

twinkle, twinkle little star (a post-Halloween ficlet)

Music: TV background noise

Because my sister's boyfriend is cool (and crazy) enough to share this story with me, I hereby present to you guys a short post-Halloween ficlet, retold (and revised a bit) by yours truly:

A girl and her boyfriend has car engine trouble in a foggy, secluded spot near a small forest (I have no idea what in the world they're doing there, don't ask me!). The boyfriend leaves the girl in the car to get some help, locking the doors and bringing the car keys with him.

About half an hour later, a figure emerges from the deep fog and starts to circle around the car, singing a familiar tune:

Twinkle twinkle little star, how I wonder what you are...

The figure stops and lifts his right hand, and the girl sees the head of her boyfriend, dead eyes staring blankly at her. Before she could utter a scream, the figure starts circling the car once again, continuing with his interrupted song:

...up above the world so high, like a diamond in the sky...

He stands in front of the driver's side, lifts his left hand, and shows the girl a set of car keys.

I honestly don't know what I'd do if I were in her position =)) Moral of the story? Do not go in foggy, secluded spots, especially when your car's prone to engine trouble =))

And I have no idea why the figure is singing "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" of all songs. Ask my sister's boyfriend if you want.

Happy post-Halloween, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. bitin naman. hindi natapos nung bida yung gagawin nya. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eh hanggang dun lang yung kinuwento sa akin eh :)) Ewan ko kung may part 2.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead :D I don't bite . . . well, not always.