All men are made of water, do you know this? When you pierce them, the water leaks out and they die.
- A Game of Thrones, George R.R. Martin

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween is my favorite holiday


Music: Time Warp, Glee cover

I'm not kidding.

I mean, I appreciate the meaning of Christmas and I love it for the simple reason that it celebrates the birth of Jesus, but I'm really not too fond of the traffic and other hassles that last-minute Christmas shopping brings. I've outgrown the young, chirpy little me who loves to go caroling with her friends (especially when her crush is there), and I've long ago made it a policy to not gifts on Christmas day.

New Year is not really a favorite of mine, mostly because of the memories (both good and bad). But at least there are fireworks.

Don't even get me started on Valentine's Day.

The other holidays I'm mostly blah about, although I do appreciate the fact that they're being celebrated because of a memory of a dead hero or the independence of our country.

But Halloween.

Heck, even Google is celebrating it with a Scooby Doo story. I saved the storyboard in my laptop out of sheer excitement.


I've never experienced trick or treating before (mostly because my parents were not really into those kind of things when I was younger), and I wish I could, even once. Mostly because I want to dress up as Shizuku from Hunter x Hunter, the left-handed member of the Genei Ryodan. Although no one would probably know who I'm dressed up as, unless I show them my spider tattoo with a number 8 on my left abdomen. I mean, the henna tattoo I would have had made if ever I need to dress up as her. Uh, right.


(No, of course I'm not going to dress up like that, you pervs. I only wanted to show the spider tattoo.)

Also, I'm not too fond of costume parties, but heck, I'll go to one on Halloween if there's a good reason for it. I think I went to one last year, but I didn't dress up as anyone but myself. I think I'm a character by myself anyway.

And let's not forget the free chocolates :D :D :D

I don't know. There's just something that excites me about dressing up in costumes designed to scare the living crap out of other people. The creepy jack o' lanterns are awesome too. Plus there are usually reruns of horror movies on that day. Just tonight I saw Halloween III showing in cable (I refused to watch it midway along the film because I prefer watching my horror movies from the beginning) and Brothers Grimm on Studio 23 (I've seen it, like, twice in DVD). I'm positive I would have seen more, if my mom wasn't such a scared-y cat and forced us to watch the Asian Food Channel instead.

I ought to look for copies of Psycho and The Shining. That would definitely complete my Halloween experience. Just don't make me watch Drag Me to Hell again, please. I mean, I like Justin Long, but I swear, that movie should have been shown in time for April Fools' Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead :D I don't bite . . . well, not always.