All men are made of water, do you know this? When you pierce them, the water leaks out and they die.
- A Game of Thrones, George R.R. Martin

Sunday, October 3, 2010

i got run down by a taxi cab...

Music: Umbrella by Rihanna

...well, almost.

The cabbie ran over a bag worth of groceries though.

It happened last Friday, right outside the building of our condominium. I was still bent down from placing the last of the four huge grocery bags on the sidewalk, wondering how in the world I'll be able to bring them all to the elevator, when the driver of the taxi I rode went of reverse gear mode, about a foot away from my head.

He nearly squished my foot. He succeeded in ruining one of the grocery bags instead.

The damage?

1. One refill pack of cooking oil
2. Two cans of tuna
3. One pack of choco chip cookies
4. One box of granola bars
5. One pack of chocolate crackers

The other contents of the grocery bags got out of the accident with a few minor scratches and bruises, but otherwise still recognizable.

I had the hardest time trying to pry out the pack of cooking oil from the dented can of tuna.

I'm just glad he didn't run over the bag with the soy sauce, vinegar and fish sauce. And pineapple juice. I would have been really angry then.

I'm still trying to figure out what to do with the crushed chocolate chip cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead :D I don't bite . . . well, not always.