All men are made of water, do you know this? When you pierce them, the water leaks out and they die.
- A Game of Thrones, George R.R. Martin

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

people need the Lord (and other theater blues)

Music: People Need the Lord by Steve Green

With the postponed performance for the Bicutan drug rehab this coming Sunday, I felt pretty bad about all the rehearsals we had the past couple of Saturdays. Not that I think they're wasted; I'm just...well...disappointed. Then I got an invitation for a music sketch performance on December 15, and at first I'm a bit hesitant to accept, because it's a weekday and it's hard to come up with something in the span of a few days.

But the Lord works in ways that I can never comprehend. I got nine volunteers who are willing to perform on the 15th, and I have until Friday evening to write the script. I have absolutely nothing, but I believe the Lord will give me wisdom, since He pretty much made this possible to begin with.

In the meantime, here are the lyrics to the song I'll be working on. This song was suggested by the event organizer, and though it's not exactly a Christmas-y song, it's perfect for evangelism. And I've always wanted to write something for this anyway, but never really took the time to sit down and actually do it. Now I won't have an excuse anymore, so in a way, maybe this is God's way of telling me to get off my butt and write more material for the songs I love.

If anyone wants a copy of the script (assuming I actually finish something on time), I'd be more than willing to share. Just give me a holler, a shout-out, a hello-how-are-you and I'll e-mail you a copy of the file, most probably in Excel format. Uh, yes, because formatting a music sketch script in Word is torture.

Okay, enough mumbling. Here you go:

People Need the Lord (Steve Green)

Everyday they pass me by
I can see it in their eyes
Empty people filled with care
Headed who knows where
On they go through private pain
Living fear to fear
Laughter hides their silent cries
Only Jesus hears

People need the Lord
People need the Lord
At the end of broken dreams
He's the open door
People need the Lord
People need the Lord
When will we realize
People need the Lord

We are called to take His light
To a world where wrong seems right
What could be too great a cost for
Sharing life with one who's lost
Through His love our hearts can feel
All the grief they bear
They must hear the words of life
Only we can share

People need the Lord
People need the Lord
At the end of broken dreams
He's the open door
People need the Lord
When will they realize
That we must give our lives
For people need the Lord
People need the Lord
People need the Lord


2 comments:

  1. An actual reaction to my post would have been better, but I guess a "hey" from you will do :p

    So "hey" back :D

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead :D I don't bite . . . well, not always.