All men are made of water, do you know this? When you pierce them, the water leaks out and they die.
- A Game of Thrones, George R.R. Martin

Thursday, December 23, 2010

the thursday group


Music: The Simple Life by Sherwood

Because I hate Christmas shopping, I generally don't give gifts on Christmas. But since I love my barkada (and I'm in my things-I've-never-done-before phase), I decided to make a playlist for them this yuletide season.

My playlist includes the following songs (and dedications):

1 - Simple Life (Sherwood) - For everyone in my little group (because, after all, I think they are the ones I’ve been searching for all my life...well, at least part of what I've been searching for)

2 - Not Sure Yet (Andy Lange) - For Gel (because he's never given up on the idea of a happy ending)

3- Chase This Light (Jimmy Eat World) - For Ice (because, after all the chasing and falling and hurting, she's finally getting the happily ever after she deserves)

4 - Brand New Day (Joshua Radin) - For Ivan (because he finally found Miss Right, after a series of Miss Wrong)

5 - Hammers and Strings – A Lullaby (Jack’s Mannequin) - For Ayen (because sometimes, all she really needs is someone to sing to her in her sleep)

6 - How To Save a Life (The Fray) - For Gia (because sometimes, despite all efforts, friendships end, but it doesn’t mean that they end forever)

7 - Goodnight and Go (Imogen Heap) - For Lorraine (because of reasons that will not be mentioned here, since, you know, I fear for my life)

8 - Giving It Away (MAE) - For myself (because I need to learn to start trusting again)

I have an FTP link to all eight songs (plus lyrics) that will expire on December 30 (yes, 2010), so if anyone wants a copy of the playlist, drop a shout-out or PM or text me or something so I can send it to you too. Because, well, it's the season to be generous, so I'm willing to share it with other people (until before the link expires, of course).

In the meantime, here are the lyrics of The Simple Life by Sherwood, the first song in the playlist:


Simple Life

This is the easy life

This is the simple life baby
And you maybe just what I
Have always been searching for
A light through an open door darling
But you're guarding it all night

I will whisper a song in your ear
Of the things you've been missing my dear
If you remember the tune
It's all I can do
Just remember I wrote it for you

And I carry an open box
Of rusted and broken locks, slowly
Can you show me where to lie?
Cause I'm tired as I can be
My legs aren't a part of me darling
Let us go then, you and I, through the night

I will whisper a song in your ear
Of the things you've been missing my dear
If you remember the tune
It's all I can do
Just remember I wrote it for you

I will whisper a song in your ear
Of the things you've been missing my dear
If you remember the tune
It's all I can do
Just remember I wrote it for you
Just remember I wrote it for you

(And here's a random YouTube link, to give non-Sherwood fans an idea of how it sounds like: The Simple Life)

Merry Christmas everyone. I hope your 2010 was more bearable than mine was, and even if it wasn't, I hope you learned important lessons along the way, just as I did.

Here's hoping to a, ehem, fantabulous 2011?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead :D I don't bite . . . well, not always.