All men are made of water, do you know this? When you pierce them, the water leaks out and they die.
- A Game of Thrones, George R.R. Martin

Friday, October 19, 2012

Partial "Read" List (as of October 19, 2012)

Music: "Wonders of the Deep" by The Chemical Brothers

After drafting my partial book list for 2012, I realize that I've read A LOT of YA books this year. And that I didn't finish reading anything last July. Perhaps I overdid it last June and decided to let my brain cells recuperate? I cannot remember. 

Anyway.

January:
A Lion Among Men (Gregory Maguire) **
100 Cupboards (N.D. Wilson) ***

February:
Maniac Magee (Jerry Spinelli) ***

March:
Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (R.L. Stevenson) **

April:
Cirque du Freak: Vampire Mountain (Darren Shan) *
Cirque du Freak: Trials of Death (Darren Shan) **

May:
Freak the Mighty (Rodman Philbrick) **
Kit's Wilderness (David Almond) *
Fish-Hair Woman (Merlinda Bobis) **

June:
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time (Mark Haddon) *
Holes (Louis Sachar) - second reading ***
Dandelion Fire (N.D. Wilson) ***
Odd is On Our Side (Dean Koontz) **
Diary of a Wimpy Kid (Jeff Kinney) *
Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules (Jeff Kinney) **
Salingkit (Cyan Abad-Jugo) ***

July:
OMGWTFBBQ. I didn't read anything?!

August:
Bell Prater's Boy (Ruth White) **

September:
The Name of the Wind (Patrick Rothfuss) ***

October:
Joey Pigza Loses Control (Jack Gantos) *
The Chestnut King (N.D. Wilson) **

So that's 14 YA novels, 5 "regular" novels (because calling them "adult novels" sounds wrong), and 1 graphic novel, so far. I wonder how many more I can add to the list before the year ends?

Legends:
* Hmm, okay, I guess :-/
** Liked it :-)
*** Loved it! Definitely a great read! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead :D I don't bite . . . well, not always.