All men are made of water, do you know this? When you pierce them, the water leaks out and they die.
- A Game of Thrones, George R.R. Martin

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

the longest threading session in the world

Music: For You To Notice by Dashboard Confessional

I just had the longest eyebrow threading session ever.

I went to my regular salon, but had a different threader than my usual one. As she started threading my right eyebrow (why do threaders always start with the right one?), I settled down and started thinking about the other things I needed to finish for the night. In the middle of my daydreaming, my threader stopped, and I thought it was time for the left eyebrow to get groomed.

But no.

She took a pair of tweezers, and started plucking random strands of eyebrow hair. Okay, I thought, my old threader sometimes do that too. But she kept on plucking. And plucking. Even in places that my old threader don't usually touch. And I'm like, ouch, every single time.

When she finally stopped, I was just glad it was over. Then I remembered, we haven't started with the left one yet. Crap.

And before I knew it, she was handing me a small mirror, and started pointing at the problem. My left eyebrow, she said, looked terrible. It was arched the wrong way, and there were strands of hair scattered everywhere. I wanted to tell her that that was my old threader's fault. Instead, I just nodded, just so she'd stop.

Then she pointed at my newly-thread right eyebrow. Isn't that better, she asked. I nodded again, hoping to get it done and over with. And so she started, but I could hear her tsk-ing while threading and plucking my poor ol' eyebrow. There was even a point that I froze, literally, because I felt something sharp against my skin. If she's using a blade, I thought, there'll be hell to pay. When I opened my eyes, it was just the tweezers. She was probably just frustrated.

Finally, it was over. And I must admit, my eyebrows do look better. But damn it, the skin beneath them hurt like hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead :D I don't bite . . . well, not always.